We embrace the use of social media as a powerful tool for furthering our mission to promote the stewardship of our historic, cultural, and natural Civil War resources; encourage superior visitor experiences; and stimulate tourism, economic prosperity, and educational development, thereby improving the quality of life in our community for the benefit of both residents and visitors.
HCWHA social media channels are a safe place for everyone, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, physical appearance, age, or religion. We welcome respectful dialogue and discussion but reserve the right to delete comments if they are off-topic, derogatory, or threatening.
Connect with us:
If you're posting on social media about the Heart of the Civil War, consider using one of these hashtags:
- #CivilWarMaryland (scenes from across the Heart of the Civil War)
- #CivilWarSelfies (selfies at Maryland's Civil War sites)
- #MDHeritageAreas (related to Maryland's 13 Heritage Areas)
- #PreserveMD (preservation in Maryland)
- #NewcomerHouse (related to or taken at the Newcomer House)